You’ve planned out the design, hired a contractor (or some friends) and now you’re starting to build. But what lumber do you use?
When it’s time to build a new deck, choose the perfect material for your needs, consider lifestyle, backyard space and preference regarding maintenance.
Composite decking and Western Red Cedar both offer a plethora of benefits. But if you’re still unsure after reading our list, reach out – we’d be happy to help!
Benefits of Composite Decking
If a low-maintenance deck is a top priority, look no further. Let’s explore why Composite Decking is the optimal choice for the active modern homeowner.
- Finished look – composite decking offers a beautiful wood grain that looks authentic. It is available in an array of colours matching any decor from beach bamboo to deep mahogany. BONUS – the texture and colour does not fade in the harsh winter weather!
- Maintenance Free – Composite decking is for the homeowner that wants to spend more time relaxing and less time cleaning, stripping and staining their deck. Composite decking looks beautiful without the need for constant care or upkeep.
- Dependable – Composite decking is durable and will maintain its original shape and design for years. Building a new deck with this material provides the freedom to comfortably enjoy the deck year round.
Benefits of Western Red Cedar
Wood products are classic, stunning and bring us closer to nature. Let’s explore why Western Red Cedar is the optimal choice for the more tradition homeowner.
- Support local – Western Red Cedar is sustainably farmed in forests across BC. Take pride in supporting a locally sourced product.
- Natural product – There will be the need to spend some time stripping, sanding, painting, staining and sealing at the beginning of the season. Once the work is finished, relax and enjoy the beautiful and sustainable deck.
- Durability – Western Red Cedar is among the most durable and gorgeous wood species in Canada. The wood is known to be resistant to decay and damage from insects and is incredibly stable when used for construction. Having the opportunity to be surrounded by such a gorgeous natural product will bring you joy every day.
When you are building a deck, you want to build a deck that will last. Both Composite Decking and Western Red Cedar offer longevity with visual appeal. The choice of material will depend on your design and maintenance preferences.
At L.B.H. TIMBER MART, we are proud to carry many products and accessories to make sure you have everything required to complete your deck. Our knowledgeable experts are happy to review your current needs to help you decide which material is best for your lifestyle.
Visit us in store, just outside the Edmonton area, for all your building needs. We are always delighted to see you!